Q. Why glycerine is used preparation of throat paint?
Why glycerine is added to throat paints?
Ans. The glycerine content produces various preparation, which help to prolong the time period of the drug and remain in contact with the mucosa. Hence, the medicament adhere to the throat to exert antiseptic, astringent or analgesic action. It provides sweet taste to the preparation. It provides sweet taste to the preparation. It also contain drug substances such as benzocain to alleviate sore throat.
Q. What are the requirements of “Eye Drops” (standards)?
- They must be sterile.
- They must be free from foreign particles.
- They must be chemically stable.
- They should not cause pain and irritation.
- They should have proper viscosity for prolonged contact with eye.
- They should contain preservatives to prevent the (9 growth of moulds and other micro-organisms.